Sunday, January 11, 2009

Why Can't I Get a Job Like This?

Let me start by saying that I really have enjoyed some of the writing jobs I've had/have. But, I wish I'd have had the job writing this how-to insert for Peerless faucets. Normally, I don't have any desire to look at an instruction sheet, much less a desire to write one until now.

Here's a couple of excerpts: Again, this may take an adjustable wrench or pliers (and if you like, a few mild curses). Have you banged your knuckles on the pipes yet? If so, congratulations. Get out from under the sink, apply a bandage and move on.

So how much fun was that? No orders to attach Part C to as shown in Exhibit H. No instructions in Swahili or Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics. Just a fun down to earth imminently doable set of directions with some sass.

No comments: