If you're a writer chances are you spend most of your time at your desk, the dining room table or down at your local coffee shop pounding away on your computer. Even if you do make it to the gym three times a week it may not be enough to counteract all the time spent sitting. So why not give ten minute workouts a try? If you'll do them throughout the day you'll be more alert and productive throughout your workday.
These are my top 5 ten minute workouts for writers:
1) If the weather is nice take a ten minute walk. Just walk as quickly as you can for five minutes and then turn around and come back.
2) Take a ten minute dance break. Put on your Boogie Shoes and Do the Hustle or the Achy Breaky Heart. You'll have a smile on your face and have energy to spare.
3) Do ten minutes of yoga. Pull up this YouTube video for a ten minute session of standing balance poses.
4) If you have something more strenuous in mind try this 10 minute interval training video also courtesy of YouTube.
5) Dust off your treadmill/elliptical/mini-trampoline and go for it in ten minute bursts. Who said you can't use it if you're not working out for an hour?
If you're not inspired by any of these options there are some great 10 minute workout videos available. You can check them out at my Amazon store or click the links below. Whatever you do make sure to take a 10 minute workout break at least every couple of hours.
10 Minute Solution: Blast Off Belly Fat
10 Minute Solution: Fat Blasting Dance Mix
10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results Pilates
10 Minute Solution: Tone Trouble Zones
5 years ago